Sunday 15 September 2013

Fashion Diary.

Autumn Affair
LFW inspired.


Autumn is here. By far my favourite season, I can still wear open footed shoes, jackets become the order of the day and drinking hot chocolate in an oversized cardy before bed seems just about acceptable as the weather cools. 
Here's a couple of things I picked up this week to welcome in the season. 

The Jumper - cream, cropped, cosy. River Island, £25. 
The Canvas Bag - easy peasey 'throw it all in' chic. Primark, £2.50 (did someone say bargain)
The Scarf - classic fluffy punk, juxtaposition? Primark, £3 (I think - could have been £4.)
The Mary Jane's - feminine but quirky. Office, £48.
Inspirations from LFW: Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Alice & Olivia. 

All of these items will be taking the spotlight for me this season and were definitely inspired by London Fashion Week. Each one is an essential that seems to have it's own little twist. I've been wearing these with either a pair of high waisted 'mom' jeans from Topshop (£40, another staple in my wardrobe) or an acid wash denim midi skirt from River Island, also with a black velvet ribbon in my hair and biker jacket if needed.

I'm not usually one to jump on the 'LFW' bandwagon - I really appreciate the hard work, and the genius that goes into couture and the ready to wear cat walks, but for some reason as I get older I'm finding it all very interesting. The concepts are so bespoke, like Vivienne Westwood's climate change appeal this year. What does everybody think? Personally I'm addicted!

Let me know what you think. Anybody else seen anything wonderful on the catwalk?

Until next time...
Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment