Wednesday 11 September 2013

Watch.


WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE?






'Heathers' is my latest film discovery. Veronica and JD go on a not so accidental killing spree to eliminate the characters that make high school a living hell and get away with it by posing the deaths as suicides. It's a pre Scissorhands Winona Ryder (still bloody beautiful..), a never before seen Christian Slater as psychopathic bad boy, and an outrageously elaborate, sexually charged but harrowingly dark 80's cult classic. What else are dreams made of? Just look at those outfits. They make drinking bleach and playing croquet look cool - which is of course, the whole dynamic of the plot. It's full of witty dialogue; the script is probably the most quotable I have ever come across. I want to use all of the quirky lines. In fact I wish I had thought of them first. 
'If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."



CHAOS KILLED THE DINOSAURS, DARLING.

In the same vain as The Breakfast Club, what seems like a teenagers dream movie soon turns into a showreel of life lessons. I don't know what it was about the 80's that inspired so many different film makers to put honest and often cruel words in the mouths of babes, but it has definitely made some shockingly brilliant films. You thought your teen years were terrible, just wait until you encounter Westerburg High. All of those cliches you remember from High School? They are absolutely epitomised in 'Heathers' - it's so realistic that I don't want to believe it (I don't remember there being any killers at my school, but watch it and you'll understand what I'm talking about). 


I recommend this highly. Surreal. You'll finish this wishing you were as effing cool as Veronia and wanting to smoke and cigarette and wear baby blue tights.
JD's famous quote seems to sum up quite nicely this whole idea. 

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.




No comments:

Post a Comment