Friday 25 October 2013

A bridge across...



















































Ilam in Derbyshire is my new favourite place! I haven't been as impressed by such gorgeous landscape in ages. Just my sort of place too - the whole place was wild but every now and again there would be an Austen-esq house in the middle of the woods or an old Church on the top of a hill.
I was hoping my terrible attempt at photography would do the talking for this post, Lord knows I don't want to ruin the scenery with blabbering. I will say though, that sometimes it's really lovely to be reminded that the Midlands, for all it's faults and my moaning about it, is actually a very beautiful place to live and I think I'm rather lucky to have this 40 minutes down the road. It's easy to forget where you are when you live there.
Highlight of the day has to be stumbling across a rather battered looking photo frame hanging from a low branch. I have absolutely no clue how long it's been there and why, but I'm always one to embrace a bit of surrealism when it comes my way.

























I highly recommend a trip, if you have the wellies and walking coats available. It rained for the entire time we were out. Although I do think we picked the perfect season to visit, the colours and weather made the whole thing even more vivid. It's also given me the bug to find some other areas to get exploring - I've even invested in some Dr Martens (second hand, too poor for new of course) so that next time my lovely biker boots won't get so destroyed.

Has anyone else visited anywhere interesting recently?
Au revoir...
Au revoir!
Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment