Thursday 17 October 2013

I'm back!

A Room with a view...

So this is the view from my new room. I have ascended one more floor up into the attic room of the house, and get to look at this every morning (although this was taken in the evening, but you know what I mean). I could pretend that moving into the new room has taken up all of my time, hence the long wait for a new post on here, but that would be a lie. The answer is an easy one, I'm lazy. We all know it! I mean to do things, but it takes a long long time before they get done. 

Anyway, less of the negative stuff. Here's a few more snaps of things now all my stuff is moved in...


It took me three coats of Jasmine White to cover the bright pink and blue my younger sister had done it, but finally, I got it all finished. 
My bed has been squeezed into the corner under the window. With my wardrobe beside it in the only tall enough part of the room. There's a cube unit in an alcove about 2 metres deep and my bookshelf at the end of my bed. 
I do so much here now, which is probably not too healthy. I've hung up fairy lights along the diagonal wall and pinned up some photos and quotes that make me think and give me a bit of well needed inspiration when I'm feeling empty. It's just perfect. I mean, I've banged my head a couple of times, but what's that compared with the ideal sleeping/working/living space?



It's absolutely great up here. I feel like I disappear into my own little place and don't have to worry at all about what's going on in the rest of the house.  With the sloping ceilings and quirky shape, it's quiet and hidden and the perfect place for me to write! 
I have to admit, it is a little bit cluttered - but that is probably owed to my inability to organise things rather than the size. I've managed to get everything put away though, and my bookshelf is alphabetised neatly (OCD?) and decorated with a few vintage books and my old typewriter (as shown in pictures).

I think I'll leave it at that now. Hopefully there'll be another post from me shortly, making up for lost time and all!

Until next time...

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment