Tuesday 22 October 2013

Why I love..

STEVIE NICKS, QUEEN OF ROCK AND ROLL























This lady is an icon, and an underrated one at that. I wake up most mornings feeling disappointed that firstly, I'm not Stevie Nicks and secondly, there will never again be anyone like Stevie Nicks.











Called the 'Queen of Rock and Roll' by Rolling Stone - I cannot help but adore this woman. She's beautiful, and quirky, and seems to bring everything she possibly can to the table. I know a lot of people won't know who she is - although I'm sure most people know Fleetwood Mac - but she's a very interesting woman who's paved the way for a lot of other female artists as well as overcome personal battles like drug addiction and divorce.
Her inspirations were Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, she's waited tables so that she could afford to write songs and wore platform boots so that she didn't feel small. She's just too cool. Her style is one I would kill for, although I don't know how she manages to pull it off. I only wish I could wear capes, lace and renaissance berets without looking like I'm too early for Halloween.

Anyway, there it is. Please go and listen to her music! Or buy a Fleetwood Mac album. Believe me, once you hear the intro to Edge of Seventeen you will never be the same again.


Laurie





No comments:

Post a Comment