Thursday 8 August 2013

Beauty on a budget.

Item #1
 Primer.

Loath as I am to admit it, I had a terrible eye infection this week that resulted in some rather painful drops. It did give me a good excuse to restock my make-up bag though, something I love doing but feel quite guilty after spending too much on it. After a stupidly long time was spent in Boots picking up every item, putting it back down, picking it up again, and going back to my original choices, I finally settled on the things I needed. It occurred to me though, it's so difficult to find pieces that aren't too expensive, but worth the effort of buying in the first place! This whole experience gave me an idea for themed blog posts, 'beauty on a budget' - when I find those key items for perfect prices, I'm going to share them with you too!
So, I begin with this, the first step to a fabulous face - a brilliant, budget friendly primer. 


Now that I have this, I cannot live without it.

Brand: L'Oreal Paris
Price: £9.99
Rating (based on price and performance): 4*

Primer is one of those awkward beauty products I think. I've always been reluctant to skimp out on such a helpful item, but feel ridiculous spending £20+ on it. 
This lovely little thing though, seems to be the answer to my troubles. It comes in a 20ml bottle, and nothing more than a healthy sized blob on your finger is enough to cover your face. It's thin, light, unnoticeable, illuminating, genius. I use a BB cream (which I'm sure will feature in these posts soon enough), and it brushes on top of this absolutely perfectly and makes my skin look and feel genuinely bright and soft. Not a smudge or line or dry patch in sight either! I know lots of people think L'Oreal is a bit 'past it' now, but so many of their products are timeless essentials. This one amongst them!

Not to mention, it's an absolute steal at £9.99! I can't believe my luck. I am officially converted, and will never look back to my pre-primer days. 
Let me know what primers you all use, or even if you think it's a complete waste of time! Oh, and any feedback about this new theme would be welcome. Until we meet again lovely darlings...

Merci :)

3 comments:

  1. must try!

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw,so cool I have the same and I love it.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you love it too!
    That sounds like a lovely idea. I've just followed you :) your blog looks great!
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete