Wednesday 7 August 2013

What I did.

Ikea.

Today I went to Ikea. There was no reason behind it, there was nothing in particular I needed. My brother is currently enjoying 2 months off from ballet school, and we were so bloody bored earlier that we were determined to find something fun to do. It did mean I got to drive on the motorway for the first time (I haven't been driving long). I also got some more much needed coat hangers too, a scented candle, a new washing bin and a lovely picture of a vintage car. I think perhaps I'm a spendaholic, in fact, I know that I am. Better to admit to the problem I suppose. And anyway, who can deny that Ikea isn't brilliant? I'm sure it's capitalism at it's best, and almost 100% of the time it convinces me I need things I don't really, but I dare anyone to enter that place and tell me they didn't find it fun!
I think I was really very good today though. There was a whole bunch of items that I put in the bag and then took back out at the end - including some wonderfully floral bedding, a rug and a lamp. Must save money for my business venture (more on that later) !!
Here's a few pictures from the day anyway. 

Going from left to right, top to bottom. 
1/Car snacks! 2/Meatballs and new potatoes, they ran out of mash :( 3/Bradley with his dins 4/Queuing with our bag and washing basket 5/Earl Grey 6/The most lovely little kitchen showroom.

Now this all may seem fabulous, but there's something better to come. This evening, I managed to hang the lovely picture and frame I purchased for my bedroom. Judge me if you will, I will freely admit at the grand old age of 22 I had never before now hung something on the wall in my life. Bradley mocked me - joking that it couldn't be possible I had ever lived on my own. I quickly reminded him that in student rental properties if you so much as change your bed sheets they'll find you out, let alone hammer holes in the wall.

Me and my hammer...

 The finished piece!
I adore this so much. I love anything in black and white, with a bit of a rustic feel. My entire room is full of weird old pictures like this, maybe I'll show you all soon. 


Another frivolous little update for you. Just getting used to blogging again, it's been a while since I've done it! Let me know what you think to my new found skills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment