Sunday 11 August 2013

Fashion Diary.


The vintage dress.


Ciao!
There's nothing better than a great vintage dress. I have a real weak spot for them. This little piece makes me feel like I'm sight seeing in Italy with it's traditional feel and fit. It was a risky £22 from a place in Leicester called Pink Pigeon - these vintage places can be a bit pricy but it is worth it when you find something as wearable and as cute as this. I must admit, I'm really only posting this outfit because I like the look as a whole and I think it's important for me to document when I wear bright coloured clothes. I tend to stick to classic monochrome and your lighter, pastel colours. Red isn't really my usual choice!

I dressed this with a thin black belt (forever 21) and these beautiful grungey sandals from Topshop. Also threw on my favourite chunky gold H&M necklace, I can't go anywhere without it these days! The black tote is from New Look and has a great set of matte black studs down the front, must photograph that soon! Overall this probably cost me about £65. But all of the accessories are such staple things that I do get my money's worth.

I love this. I wish I wore it more. The pattern is so cute, little flowers that look like hot air balloons! And easily dressed up or down. I would always encourage people to go vintage, so that when people says 'Oh my, where did you get that?!' - you can say 1952! 
Another thing, I like buying stuff too big or too long because it often means you save money by buying the things the boutiques couldn't shift. Altering stuff is easy peasey, I re-hemmed this as it was originally much longer (under the guidance of my sister, who's a textiles graduate, and google of course) 

Lastly, my hair is ridiculous in this picture. It's getting so long, and my fringe has grown out. What is everybody doing to their hair these days? I was thinking a longish bob with a full fringe. Any ideas? 
Oh, and the title of this piece is 'OOTW' or 'Outfit of the week' - expect more similar posts soon :)

Fino alla prossima volta!

3 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous dress and i love your shoes too :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole outfit is awesome. I would wear this. My style is similar to this and in fact, I have a necklace similar to that and some of my dresses are similar to that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete