Tuesday 13 August 2013

Life.

Dog walking & Churches


I am a very very lucky lady to say that I live in the lovely Leicestershire village of Frolesworth. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have very much in the way of shops (it has none) or pubs (again, zero) but it is lovely and quiet and has beautiful views. I'm still recovering from my eye infection, which is causing me the most awful discomfort and meaning I can't wear make-up, and so going out isn't really on my list of priorities. However, I did make some time to take our lovely Springer Spaniel, Elly, for a walk with my little sister this afternoon. 


Frolesworth is only about 2 miles wide, but it has a fabulous lake at one end with a paddock full of horses, and in the centre is this Church and a very old graveyard. Charlie (my little sister) and I decided to head to the Church. I admittedly convinced her into it because I love looking at the old graves - not so sure my sister was impressed, particularly as she had to try and rollerskate over grass, but there's something rather interesting and a bit eerie about them, reminding me of Gothic victorian novels; Pip meeting Magwitch in Great Expectations, and Heathcliff digging up Cathy's grave in Wuthering Heights. I love to write too, I can imagine a story to go with every dear departed we encounter (because I'm a bit strange like that). Either way, it was time well spent in my opinion. 

Here's a few pictures from our walk anyway. The photography is fairly atrocious as I was having to negotiate my shiny new IPhone and a very lively (and strong!) puppy. 


Me and Elly. 



This building is the Old Post Office, and has been transformed into such a nice little house. I'd love to live somewhere like that one day. It reminds me of Jane Austen. A lot of the houses in the village are Georgian - ours dates from about that time too. 
But anyway, regardless of Elly's liveliness and my inability to keep her at a normal pace, we had a refreshing little wander and it was nice to get out in the village. I don't do it often enough. To be honest, it's easy to forget that I live in such a nice area. We really are in the middle of nowhere! I don't know if I could live here forever, but for the time being I am definitely at peace with this place.



Anyway, that's probably enough information about my rather modest afternoon. I also managed to get into Leicester town centre this morning to purchase a couple of other new bits of make-up, a pair of fab jeans and a satchel - but more on that later! Unfortunately I've been at work all weekend so other than that, I haven't got much else exciting to tell you all. 

Au revoir fellow bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment