Friday 30 August 2013

Painting nails.




This summer has definitely seen the resurfacing of pastel colours for nails, and I have absolutely jumped on the band wagon with it. Here's a little insight into my nail varnish collection and the key colours I can't be without! 

1/ Maybelline Super Strong 'Mint for Life', £4.09 - this is one of the best nail polishes I have ever used. The brush is perfectly shaped and the colour is strong and bright, and mint is so on trend that this adds a little something to any outfit. The only thing is that it doesn't ACTUALLY last for 7 days. But I can live with that, 3 days of fabulous colour is enough for me. 

2/ Sally Hansen 'No Chip' top coat, £4.75 - I think I've finally found my perfect top coat! I have to be so careful of my nails chipping at work that this is acrylic top coat is just what I need, smooth and silky and hard as nails. The one downside, sometimes it creates these bizarre but tiny little air bubbles on my nail - a small price to pay for such a good product, but nonetheless annoying. 

3/ Barry M 'Blue Moon', £2.99 - Barry M has been my go to nail varnish since my teens, and this one doesn't disappoint either. I've always found the brush a rather annoying shape, but it's worth it because the colours are so brilliant. Add a top coat for super shine and you've got the perfect nails for day and night, plus it looks super chic. 

4/ Topshop 'Spilled Milk', £5 - Topshop have impressed me with their beauty range, their nail polishes more so than anything else. This white is beautiful, elegant and coats the nail just as you would want. I had tried so many varieties of white before finding this one, but it's definitely pipped the competition. My favourite colour of this summer!

5/ Essie 'Lilacism', £7.99 - Essie is fast becoming my go to brand for nail polish. I've always had a lovely lilac in my nail polish collection, it's an essential in my opinion. Good for work, feminine, but not your average colour and it certainly can't be pulled off by everyone (but that's just my opinion). Like the Barry M, it's super chic, not to mention Essie nail varnishes always seem to last longer than any others. The only downfall of course is the price, so this was a mid-summer treat for me. 

There it is then, a teeny tiny section of my nail polish collection. These have been my go to colours of the season, what were yours? Anybody found any of these brands tricky to use? I hope Pastels stay popular for a while, but I can already see the reds and dark blues sneaking in as Autumn hurries along. 

Au revoir. 

1 comment:

  1. these nail polish colors look so lovely. Next time when I shop for nail polish, I'll look for mint for life and blue moon. I have on a pink/coral nail polish right now. I might post a picture on my blog: arcaneworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete