Friday 30 August 2013

Fashion Diary

Pinafore meets Punk.

Do excuse the photography, the house is rather a labyrinth of dark corridors and old school bannisters. I think the distressed photos sort of suit the outfit though! What do you think?

fashio


Pinafore: New Look £19.99
Boots: New look (915) £24.99
Blouse: Topshop £28.00
Necklace: H&M £7.99

Autumn is fast approaching, and I'm loving the punk revival that seems to be taking hold of this season. Not only does it remind me of all the music I loved as a teenager, but it means I can break out the tartan and match it with some of my favourite items! I got this blouse from Topshop about a week ago - I usually really don't like paying their extortianate prices but the shape of this is perfect. I initially wore it in London with high waisted jeans, but I think it works just as well here! The colours are also great, I tend to stick with the staple black, white and denim in my day to day outfits so being able to inject a bit of red is a Godsend. 



I paired my cute pinafore that I've had for a while with a pair of biker boots and a punky blouse to make it a bit more edgy. I love that pinafore's are back in fashion now - I have about 3 in different colours and shapes and have to hold myself back from buying more on asos. 
This is such a comfy outfit, perfect for when I'm just popping out or meeting friends. The silhouette is also pretty lovely - chunky but the skater style of the pinafore makes it slimming. Also love the way it looks at the back! Excuse my hair, I tend to just tie it up when I can't be bothered with it - which is most days of the week actually. But I thought long loose hair would deflect from the neckline anyway. To finish, I added my habitual black bag and a little lion necklace that I picked up in H&M a few days ago. Et voila! Pinafore meets punk. I hope to make this a go to outfit of the autumn season! Finished with my black biker jacket when the weather starts to cool down. 

What Autumn trends are inspiring you this year? Are you loving these cut out biker boots as much as me?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment